Thursday 14 August 2014

Thursday August 14, 2014




The Life and Times of Sergei Polunin


http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/start_quote_rb.gif"I do not want to sit and make a nest and be comfortable, and I did feel so comfortable that I stopped being involved as a person and an artist and that is not something I want "http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/end_quote_rb.gif


Sergei Polunin
 
Ballet's Sergei Polunin: 'The artist in me was dying'
Tuesday 13,March 2012
Sergei Polunin explains why he felt compelled to quit the Royal Ballet


Sergei Polunin, the youngest dancer ever to be made a principal with the Royal Ballet, whose skill had earned him comparisons with Nureyev and Baryshnikov, shocked the dance world in January by unexpectedly quitting.

In his first broadcast interview since that decision he has spoken to BBC Newsnight about why he walked away.
 
 
  1. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Polunin   Cached
    Sergei Vladimirovich Polunin ... Sergei Polunin was born in Ukraine. ... Polunin was shortlisted as the best male dancer for The 2014 National Dance awards.



    The on stage chemistry as Sergei Polunin dances with Tamara Rojo in her final performance with the Royal Ballet.

     “Your reaction to Tamara Rojo’s final performance, Tamara says herself  “You have to allow the people of today to interpret in their own way. I am there for the audience. I am not there for myself. I don’t want to be overwhelmed myself.”


    www.roh.org.uk/people/sergei-polunin   Cached
    Sergei Polunin in Rhapsody © ROH / Tristram Kenton 2011. ... 2014/15. Autumn Season; Winter Season; Spring Season; Summer Season; Opera 2014/15; Ballet 2014/15 




No comments:

Post a Comment